Gluten free vegan cranberry coffee cake Muffins. Fluffy vanilla cake, studded with fresh cranberries and topped with a crunchy cinnamon topping.
It’s cranberry season! Yes, I get excited about these festive, delicious little berries. They only come around this time of year so I always stock up and make all the cranberry things. Cranberry apple pie, cranberry sauce, berry cranberry smoothie and cranberry crumb bars.
I’m bringing cranberries to breakfast this time with my gluten free vegan cranberry coffee cake muffins. A light, tender vanilla cake, filled with sliced fresh cranberries. Love the touch of tartness that they bring to the muffins. A cinnamon crumb topping to top them off, which adds great texture and crunch.
These cranberry coffee cake muffins are a splendid way to celebrate the season of this gorgeous fruit. Warm out of the oven. You just can’t go wrong.
- 1/2 cup Sarah's gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Sarah's gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk beverage or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed or grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make crumb topping, stir together flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add melted shortening and maple syrup. Mix until topping comes together.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add coconut milk, vinegar, oil, and vanilla to separate bowl. Stir and pour over flour mixture. Whisk to combine. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins. Top with crumb topping. Bake 18-22 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place muffins on cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.