Holiday baking just got oh so simple with this gluten free vegan cranberry pear crisp! Tender pears, tart cranberries and a golden oat-pecan crumb topping. Just a few ingredients make this crisp the perfect rustic Christmastime dessert!
I probably do the most baking during the months of November and December. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I seem to always be in the kitchen doing recipe testing or baking for friends. It’s just the time of year! I don’t mind. Baking is actually therapeutic for me, especially when I’m all by myself and I’ve got my Christmas music playing. Singing, dancing, baking. Oh yeah!
There are certain desserts that I only make during the holidays. Not because I don’t enjoy making them, they are just more labor intensive and are special for this time of year. Raspberry thumbprint cookies, walnut crescent cookies and gingerbread men cookies are just a few. My gingerbread layer cake with sugared cranberries is probably one of my most fave Christmas desserts! It has many steps, but each one is certainly worth it.
Need a simple recipe to bake this holiday season? This rustic gluten free vegan cranberry pear tart really is so easy to make. The fresh pears and cranberries are topped with a crumb topping, made with only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. I added finely chopped pecans, but you can certainly leave those out if you’d like. The toasted pecans just give an extra richness to the crunchy oat topping.
I just love a good fruit crisp. Don’t you? That’s why I’m so smitten over this gluten free vegan cranberry pear tart. It’s served warm, with a giant scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream on top, which is a total must. I can’t wait for you to make this comforting, scrumptious holiday dessert!
- 4-5 pears, peeled, cored and diced into small cubes*
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, add diced pears, cranberries and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Toss to coat.
- Pour fruit into 8-inch round or square baking dish. Make sure to spread out evenly. Set aside.
- To make crumb topping, mix together oats, flour, chopped pecans, brown sugar and salt. Add dairy free butter and use a fork or your fingers to mix in butter, until crump topping comes together.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over cranberries and pears. Place in oven and bake 50-55 minutes, until fruit juices are bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place cranberry pear crisp on cooling rack to cool. Serve warm with dairy free vanilla ice cream.
**For nut allergy, simply omit the chopped pecans.