The insane summer heat has arrived and it’s not going anywhere. Over 100 everyday here in California. Blah. I try not to go out too much, unless it’s in the morning or we are going swimming at a friends. It’s just nasty being out in that heat. Makes me one grumpy mama.
“Popsicles for breakfast!” That’s what I told my kids after I made these peach berry yogurt popsicles. They thought I was pretty awesome. What can I say, sometimes I try to win them over with cool new popsicle recipes. These dairy free popsicles are made with fresh fruit, coconut milk and coconut milk yogurt. Only sweetened a bit and totally suitable for a morning treat.
Let’s all take a minute to give this recipe a try. This heat is miserable and we all deserve a little relief…in the form of a fresh fruit popsicle. The peach layer is my favorite. One of the sweetest, juiciest summer fruits. Can’t get enough!
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup So Delicious lite culinary coconut milk
- 1/3 cup So Deliciousunsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons cane sugar or pure maple syrup
- To make peach layer, place peaches, coconut milk, yogurt and sugar in blender. Blend on high until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into popsicle molds, filling 1/4 full. Pour remaining peach mixture into pourable measuring cup.
- To make berry layer, place blackberries, coconut milk, yogurt and sugar in blender. Blend on high until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Pour through fine mesh sieve to remove seeds (if desired).
- Pour berry mixture into popsicle molds, on top of peach layer, filling up halfway. Alternate with another layer of peach and finish off with layer of berry mixture. Using wooden skewer, gently swirl the layers.
- Insert popsicle sticks into mold and place in freezer to completely set, 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles from mold, run under warm water for 10-15 seconds. Release popsicles from mold and enjoy!