As soon as I saw that So Delicious Dairy Free had released a strawberry coconut milk ice cream, I had one thought. Ok, maybe two. “Yum!” and “I have to make strawberry ice cream sandwiches!” It was just calling out to me. The need to put this new summer ice cream in the middle of two gluten free vanilla cookies. It had to be done.
Not only is this new So Delicious strawberry coconut milk ice cream AMAZING, it is so perfect for summer! It has the taste of fresh strawberries and the creamiest texture from the coconut milk. It just might be my new favorite flavor of their dairy free ice creams. Made into an ice cream sandwich and it’s even better. But wait, I have more for you, my friends! So Delicious sent me pretty much the coolest gift pack ever and I’ll be giving away the same goodies to one of you. All the details are below. First, let’s enjoy this summertime ice cream sandwich recipe!
- 1 3/4 cups Sarah's gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill almond meal*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pints So Delicious strawberry coconut milk ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat together sugar, powdered sugar, and coconut oil, until creamy. Add coconut milk and vanilla. Continue to beat another 1-2 minutes. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Using tablespoon-size cookie scoop, place scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass jar.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Place cookies on cooling rack to cool completely.
- To assemble ice cream sandwiches, allow ice cream to soften until soft enough to easily scoop. Place ice cream scoop onto upside-down cookie. Place another cookie on top and gently press. Wrap with plastic wrap. Immediately place in freezer and repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Freeze until firm for easy eating.
Who loves a So Delicious giveaway as much as I do? Here is a peak at the FABULOUS package I received from So Delicious Dairy Free and I can’t wait to share all of these goodies with one of you! Here is what the prize pack will include…
- large burlap tote bag with So Delicious logo
- So Delicious long sleeve hooded t-shirt (so cozy!)
- So Delicious ceramic coffee mug
- 28 oz. Blender Bottle
- So Delicious ice cream scoop with wood handle
- pens and sticky notepads
- Pura Vida beaded bracelet from
- 5 So Delicious VIP free product coupons