I’m pretty sure I have bought one watermelon a week this summer. I can’t get enough! It’s my all time favorite summer fruit. Naturally sweet, so juicy and refreshing. I buy the big ones at Costco so that it lasts a few days and we just gobble it up. So good!
My heart has been set on making a fresh watermelon margarita for days and days. I’m so glad I finally gave in to my craving because these are perfection! Super easy too. Fresh watermelon cubes blended with margarita mix (alcohol already added). Simple right? Rim the glasses with a little lime juice and salt. Strain the watermelon mixture, pour over ice and you’ve got yourself what might be your new favorite summer drink. Bring on the watermelon margaritas!
- 3 cups fresh watermelon cubes, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups margarita mix with alcohol added (I use Kirkland Signature from Costco)*
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
- lime slices and sea salt
- Rim 2 glasses with juice from lime and dip in sea salt. Set aside.
- In high-powered blender, add watermelon cubes, margarita mix and maple syrup. Blend on high 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour mixture through fine mesh sieve to remove watermelon pulp.
- Fill prepared glasses halfway with ice. Pour watermelon mixture over ice and serve.