Dinnertime in my house consists of this mama figuring out what I have in my fridge and in my pantry to make a delicious, balanced meal for my family. My mom was always so good at making sure there was a protein, a carb, a veggie and a fresh fruit too. It was important to her to serve us a balanced meal. I realize that it was no easy task when feeding a family of six! Now that I have a family to cook for, I understand the motivation when feeding the ones you love most. It’s worth all the time and effort!
We all know that Bob’s Red Mill has got us covered when it comes to baking all things gluten free. They also make sure to only provide the finest ingredients, which I so appreciate when baking for my family. I find their mixes to be so helpful at dinnertime, making the meal come together just a little quicker. I especially love their gluten free cornbread mix. Cornbread is just so homey and comforting. I jazzed up my cornbread a bit the other night by adding fresh, diced jalapeños and fresh corn. It was perfect served alongside a bowl of enchilada soup. A little spicy, a little sweet. Just the way I like it!
gluten free vegan jalapeño cornbread
AUTHOR: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
- 1 20-ounce package Bob's Red Mill gluten free cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons non-hydrogenated organic shortening, melted
- 3 jalapeños (2 seeds removed and diced, 1 sliced)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- gluten free vegan jalapeño cornbread
- serves 8-10
- -ounce package Bob's Red Mill gluten free cornbread mix
- tablespoons organic cane sugar
- /2 cups So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, room temperature
- tablespoon white vinegar
- tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- tablespoons non-hydrogenated organic shortening, melted
- jalapeños (2 seeds removed and diced, 1 sliced)
- /4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 8-inch round or square baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together cornbread mix and sugar. Set aside.
- Mix together coconut milk and vinegar, stirring until curdled. Add melted vegan butter and shortening to coconut milk.
- Pour milk mixture over flour mixture. Stir just until ingredients are well combined. Fold in diced jalapeños and corn.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm. Store in air-tight container.
I’ll be sending a package of Bob’s Red Mill gluten free cornbread mix to one of you! Enter in the widget below and be sure to tell me “what is your perfect cornbread pairing?” You can receive extra entries by liking Bob’s Red Mill on facebook, tweeting about the giveaway or sharing on instagram. The last day to enter is Friday, May 29. I’ll announce the winner on Saturday. For more delicious recipes and a coupon for $1.00 off any product, visit bobsredmill.com. They can stock your pantry with all of your gluten free baking needs!