It’s good to have a go-to chocolate cake recipe. A chocolate cake that everyone will love, that everyone with food allergies can enjoy. Let me introduce you to my go-to chocolate cake recipe. It’s gluten, dairy and egg free. It’s also pretty much the easiest cake recipe too. I’ve made it more times than I can count, I don’t even need to look at a recipe anymore. It’s one I will continue to make time and time again!
Now let’s move on to that chocolate ganache glaze. The moist, chocolatey cake as it’s canvas. It’s poured down the side, making this chocolate bundt cake even more beautiful. Double chocolate cake studded with mini chocolate chips, covered in a creamy chocolate ganache glaze. Hello and get in my belly!
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sunflower seed or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-6 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bundt cake pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk, water and vinegar, until curdled. Add sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk in flour mixture until combined. Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips. Pour cake batter into prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make chocolate ganache glaze, place chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons coconut milk in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave an additional 15 seconds.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk. Pour over over cooled cake, letting it run down sides of cake. Top with chocolate sprinkles (optional). Slice and serve.
Lola D. says
Can this be made with coconut oil?
Carol Lynn says
I am looking forward to making this cake. Looks delicious and easy with no food processor or mixer. Thanks so much.
I made this cake and it was fabulous. I used coconut oil, almond milk and bittersweet chocolate chips.
This was sooooooo delicious ????. Thank u so much for this amazing recipe. Its so difficult baking egg and dairy free but u have made it so much easier. I just made it for the second time and am so looking forward to it!
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Marylees!
Hi Sarah iam looking for gluten free vegan vanilla+chocolate layer cake, if u don’t mind will u please post a recipe of this cake I will be really thankful to u
Thank you so much for posting such amazing recipes. We all love them very much.
My question is regarding the chocolate glaze. Does it harden with time? Can I use it to frost a cake? Can it be refrigerated or left at room temp.?
Thank you once again for sharing your recipe.
It hardens up a bit, but you could use it to frost a cake. You just might want to double the recipe.
I made the Double Chocolate Bundt Cake for my birthday, and it was delicious! My family enjoyed it also. The ganache glaze was amazing! I didn’t think it was possible to make such a tasty cake that was gluten free and vegan. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Karen Cormier says
A go to recipe that gets rave reviews regardless of who I bake this for.
David Grech Calafato says
This is an amazing recipe!!!! I did it with coconut oil and almond milk as well!
One quick question: Does it freeze well of put in separate slices in the freezer?
Stacy Cowin says
I feel like I’ve left a comment for this recipe before but I have to do it again. I’m re-printing recipes for my new cookbook and have to have this one as it is also my go-to cake! My family is GF, DF and I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve made this cake. I’ve baked it for pretty much all family birthdays for the last several years, plus other special occasions. EVERYONE loves it, regardless if they have food allergies or not. They can’t get over how delicious it is. It is THE BEST. Sarah, you are amazing. 🙂
Thank you, Stacy! That is so sweet of you!
Can this be baked into a layer cake?