I love, love, love adding gluten free rolled oats to my smoothies. Helps to thicken it up and also a simple way to add that extra fiber, which is always a good thing. I made these blueberry smoothies for me and my little man. After the first sip, I thought to myself, “these taste like a blueberry muffin!” The bright blueberries, oats, vanilla almond milk and a little extra vanilla. A lovely combination to start your day or a sweet pick-me-up in the afternoon!
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/3 cup So Delicious unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and oats are finely ground, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and serve.