Sometimes I wish I was more of a cheerful morning person. A bit more pleasant, a smile on my face, ready to greet the day. For me, it takes some time. I’m the mom that needs a little extra grace when the sun comes up. I need my cup of coffee and a few quiet (non existing) minutes to wrap my brain around what needs to be done before we head out the door.
Other than coffee, fruit smoothies give me the boost I need in the morning. Especially when citrus is involved! There is something about fresh oranges in my smoothie that makes me smile. I love that oranges are in season right now and we always seem to have a bowl of mandarins on the kitchen counter. For this orange creamsicle smoothie, I used two mandarines, but you could also use one large orange. The touch of vanilla makes this morning drink taste like those popsicles we all know and love!
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 orange or 2 mandarines, peeled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add ice, banana, mandarines, orange juice, coconut milk and vanilla to high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and blended well, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and serve.