Rich, dark chocolate vegan pudding with just a hint of peppermint. Topped with cocowhip whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies. A decadent dairy free holiday dessert!
I’m craving all the peppermint and chocolate things. Hot chocolate with peppermint, brownies with peppermint, chocolate cupcakes with peppermint. It’s always been one of my favorite dessert flavor pairings, especially this time of year. Chocolate + peppermint = holiday bliss.
Have you ever made homemade chocolate pudding, from scratch? It’s probably one of the easiest things to make and this recipe happens to be gluten, dairy and egg free. I make my chocolate pudding with full-fat coconut milk, making it so rich and creamy. I also add in chocolate chips at the end to melt into the already chocolatey pudding.
I like to say this pudding has a little bit of Christmas magic. Pure peppermint extract has been added to the chocolate pudding, then it’s been topped with So Delicious cocwhip whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies. Every spoonful is heavenly.
Individual vegan dark chocolate peppermint pudding jars. A make-ahead holiday dessert that everyone is sure to love!
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups So Delicious original full-fat culinary coconut milk, shaken*
- 1/2 cup So Delicious unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 tub So Delicious Cocowhip dairy free whipped topping or whipped coconut cream
- crushed peppermint candies
- To make chocolate pudding, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, whisk in culinary coconut milk and almond milk. While stirring constantly, cook until bubbly and thick (about 5 minutes).
- Remove pudding from heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and peppermint extract. Continue to stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Immediately pour pudding into serving bowls or jars. Cover pudding with plastic wrap, so it's touching top of pudding to prevent film.
- Place pudding in refrigerator to chill completely, 1-2 hours.
- To serve, top pudding with cocowhip whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies.