Thanks, Bob’s Red Mill, for sponsoring another one of my posts! This time I’m featuring their gluten free old fashioned oats. I’ve mixed them into my most favorite (tried and true) crumb topping and created these irresistible fresh strawberry crumb bars. Our local strawberry stand is now open for business so I couldn’t resist this vibrant summer fruit. Enjoy these bars with your morning cup of coffee or topped with a scoop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream. Either way, you’ll savor every bite of these gluten free vegan strawberry crumb bars!
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple sryup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 8x8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, gently stir together strawberries, sugar, maple syrup and cornstarch. Mix until evenly coated. Set aside.
- For crumb crust/topping, sift together flour, oats, almond flour, brown sugar, sugar and salt. Add coconut oil and blend with fork until ingredients are well mixed. Pour in maple syrup and coconut milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread 2/3 of oat mixture into prepared pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan. Top with even layer of strawberry mixture. Sprinkle remaining oat crumble over strawberries.
- Bake for 45-48 minutes or until strawberries are bubbly and crumble is golden brown. Allow to cool in pan. Slice and serve.
I’ll be sending a package of Bob’s Red gluten free rolled oats to 3 lucky winners! Enter in the widget below and be sure to tell me “what are your go-to oatmeal toppings?” You can receive extra entries by liking Bob’s Red Mill on facebook, tweeting about the giveaway or sharing on instagram. The last day to enter is Thursday, April 23. I’ll announce the winner on Friday. For more delicious recipes and a coupon for $1.00 off any product, visit bobsredmill.com. They can stock your pantry with all of your gluten free baking needs!