Chocolate-dipped frozen bananas. My treat of choice every time we go to Disneyland. Every time. A frozen banana, dipped in creamy chocolate and topped with chopped roasted almonds. Perfect on a hot day in the park. Until I get back to the happiest place on earth, I’m recreating this beloved snack right at home!
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Bananas. Dairy free chocolate chips. Coconut oil. Toppings. I used roasted almonds, which are lightly salted. Salty and sweet is always a good thing. I also did one with dry roasted peanuts. Cause chocolate and peanuts. I had to top a couple of them with rainbow sprinkles. My kids love anything with sprinkles. What can I say, I do too.
If you haven’t made chocolate-dipped frozen banana, you should. Your kids could even make these! Let them dip the bananas in the chocolate and then choose their favorite toppings. This is one dairy free snack that is not only fun to make, it’s super fun and delicious to eat too!
- Cut bananas in half. Place popsicle sticks halfway into cut end of each banana.
- Place bananas on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours, until frozen.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to glass bowl. Microwave on low in 30-second intervals. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Remove bananas from freezer. Before dipping in chocolate, have all of your toppings ready.
- Dip each banana into melted chocolate, coating completely. Quickly top with toppings, before chocolate sets.
- Place onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Serve immediately or store in plastic container/bag in freezer.