One of the hardest things for me to find with all of my food allergies…CHOCOLATE! Not just any chocolate, but good quality chocolate. Chocolate that left me satisfied and wanting more. I’m a baker so not only do I love to eat my beloved dark chocolate, I love to bake with it too. It’s an essential part of life. Chocolate and baking. They just go together.
Pascha Chocolate recently sent me a little chocolate care package and asked me to bake away! I had my heart set on making these chocolate-dipped macaroons for months so I knew just what to make. Baking chewy coconut macaroons without eggs is easier than you think and my friends, they are mighty tasty too. A perfect Easter treat to fill up your Easter basket or pass out to friends.
Have I intrigued you with this AMAZING chocolate? Pascha Organic Chocolate also has their chocolate bars and they are my new favorite. I can literally eat the entire bar, especially the one with coffee. No guilt. No shame. You can find out more about Pascha Organic Chocolate on their website, as well as facebook and twitter. I love finding brands that take pride in making their products from the best ingredients and also taking into consideration those with food allergies. Way to go, Pascha!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small saucepan, stir together coconut milk, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add shredded coconut and flour. Mix until fully combined.
- Simmer coconut mixture over low heat for 2-3 minutes, just until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Using cookie scoop, place scoops of coconut mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown. Place macaroons on cooling rack to cool.
- While macaroons cool, melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl on low for 30 seconds or over double broiler. When almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into chocolate, tapping off excess. Set on parchment paper to set. Store in air-tight container.
Pascha Organic Chocolate will be sending some of their amazing chocolate to one of you! Enter in the widget below and be sure to leave a comment. Tell me, “what is an Easter dessert or dish that is a must at your family celebration?“ You can receive extra entries by liking Pascha Chocolate on facebook, tweeting about the giveaway or sharing on instagram. The last day to enter is Sunday, March 29. Winner will be chosen on Monday. Happy Easter and happy baking!