Let’s celebrate! Today is the 2-year Blogiversary of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats! Has it really been 2 years since my very first post? Crazy to think about. I had this small dream of starting a gluten free baking blog, a place where I could share my favorite recipes. Little did I know the enormous blessing this blog would be for not only me, but for my family as well!
I have to first thank all of you. My loyal readers and friends. I’ve gone from 2,000 likes on facebook last year, to over 7,000! I’m also quickly getting close to 1,000 followers on instagram. I love sharing and posting new recipes for all of you! So many of you have encouraged me and challenged me. You’re the reason I’m in my kitchen every week, creating new recipes from scratch! I’m most certainly feeling the love.
It’s time to share with you some of the blog’s highlights from this year. Your comments…all of your heartfelt emails and comments are deeply cherished. The recipes…I think some of your favorite recipes from this past year might be some of mine too. From winning recipe contests, to working with amazing companies, to being featured in a published magazine. I’d say this has been a pretty fantastic year for Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats!
- “Sarah, THANK YOU SO MUCH… I feel like I could cry! But you MUST understand… I LOVE TO BAKE. And when I found out that I couldn’t have gluten AND eggs, my heart sunk. One or the other would’ve been doable… but BOTH? Until I tried this recipe, I have been fairly discouraged with most baking attempts. I particular, a total baked goods SNOB, and think my baking outperforms most bakeries. This COOKIE is amazing… I couldn’t believe it stayed chewy inside. I couldn’t believe it looked pretty. I couldn’t believer it tasted RICH, and just like a chocolate chip cookie should make you feel like… indulgent! PLEASE keep at it! I think you should do a cookbook/bakebook. I am now hunting down all sorts of recipes from your blog to try…. THANK YOU. 2014 is looking bright.”
- “I just wanted to let you know what amazing work you do with gluten free baking. We’re a family of five (four with celiac), and I’ve been making many of your recipes since I picked up your card at the gluten free expo in Burlingame earlier this year. My middle daughter is also vegan, and I just made some of your vegan-gf treats this week when she was home for Thanksgiving. We are in awe of your talent – thank you for sharing with us!”
- “I am so excited that I found your blog! I am gluten-free AND vegan, and have been ruining batch after batch of my favorite baked goods in my vain attempt to make them gluten-free. When I found your site, I nearly cried — no kidding! — because I was just so happy. I am so glad that you are using your gifts that the Lord has given you to help those of us who have very specific dietary needs. I never thought that I could live without wheat or dairy, but instead it’s been a much easier transition, thanks to sites like yours.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for sharing your recipes and flour blend with the world! I used to love baking before I found out I could no longer eat gluten, dairy and eggs. I have tried baking hundreds of other recipes, even used GF/Vegan mixes, that all turned out miserably. I was so discouraged with GF/Vegan baking that I stopped all together and I missed it so much. About a year ago I found your blog and I have made several of your recipes. They have all turned out PERFECT…Thank you again for the work you put into your recipes and for sharing them with the world. I truly cannot tell you how grateful I am!”
- “Thanks Sarah for the vegan recipes!!! We are diary free, mostly grain free, and egg free because of my kids allergies. You have helped us so much! I am so thankful to God for your talent!”
My favorite recipe of the year! This cupcake is unbelievably moist and that cinnamon buttercream..just stop it. Everyone I made these for couldn’t stop raving about them. They’re real good. Trust me.
I did it! I finally (after so, so many attempts) created the perfect gluten, dairy and egg free sugar cookie. Soft on the inside, crispy on the edges. They roll perfectly and hold their shape without falling apart. Stunning. So proud of this accomplishment.
Don’t you want to just slice into that beautiful loaf of bread? Hearty bread is my favorite kind of bread. This everyday bread can be eaten with every meal. It’s just longing to be a staple in your house too.
That sugar cookie recipe helped me develop these award-winning cinnamon roll cookies. Yes, this irresistible recipe won the dessert category in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest! Such a blessing for this blogger. Highlight of the year!
The perfect gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie. It does exist! Another recipe I was determined to get just right. I’m extremely picky about my chocolate chip cookies. They need to be chewy, gooey, crispy, chocolatey. All things that describe these gluten free treats.
Another proud moment. I’m always up for a baking challenge and I recently took on the fresh fruit tart. The result was a flaky crust, vanilla cream and a collection of my favorite fresh fruit. I’d say it was a success!
Hello there, adorable gluten free cupcake towel! This past year, I made hand screen-printed flour sack towels…with my Sarah Bakes logo! It was a task to take on, but I really do love how they came out. If you haven’t already, please check out my kitchen towels on my etsy shop. To celebrate my 2 year blogiversary, I’m giving away 3 towels! Each winner can choose either the turquoise or brown. It’s the perfect compliment to any gluten free kitchen.
Enter the giveaway in the Rafflecopter widget below and tell me “what is your favorite Sarah Bakes recipe from this past year?” in your comment. You can receive extra entries by sharing this giveaway on instagram, tweeting about the giveaway or by following Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats on facebook. This giveaway ends on Thursday, June 5. Winners will be notified on Friday and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize, before another winner is chosen. Thanks, friends, for baking with me and for another great year!